The latest release of DBD::Oracle is now ready and can be found at: CPAN DBD::Oracle. It is a Perl module that works with the DBI module to provide access to Oracle databases. It is maintained by me, John Scoles, under the auspices of The Pythian Group as open source/free software.
This release is largely a maintenance release that fixes a number of bugs (new and old) and cleans up the POD. I have also spent a good deal of time cleaning up the tests, compile warnings, and the
Makefile.PL. A thank-you goes out to Martin Evans and H. Merijn Brand for their help on that.
As for new items, the
ORA_VERBOSE attribute was added so that you can debug/trace DBD::Oracle without seeing any DBI debug/trace output.
OCILobGetLength was added to the LOB functions, thanks to Milo van der Leij, I have also dropped support for Oracle 8 and earlier clients; see the POD for details on this.
Finally, I have also cleaned up and expanded how persistent LOBs work. A thank-you to Eric Simon for his work on this.
The release has been fully tested with version (1.601) of DBI. Below is the list of the changes and/or fixes in this release.
Changes in DBD-Oracle 1.22 (svn rev 11618) 1st Aug 2008
- Patch to remove compiler warnings. From H. Merijn Brand.
- Patch to Makefile for 64bit boxes. From Alex Laslavic.
OCILobGetLengthto lob functions. From Milo van der Leij.
- Updated READMEs to state that the test user has to have create, call, and drop-a-procedure privileges. By John Scoles suggested by Gisle Aas.
- Patch to Makefile to prevent the installation of the
lib/DBD/mkta.plfile. From Gisle Aas.
- Added new test,
31lob_extended.tfor use of LOBs when returned via stored procedures with
bind_param_inout. From Martin Evans.
- Update to connection part of POD. From John Scoles.
- Fix to test suite to bring it up to standard. From Martin Evans
- Fix for memory hemorrhage in
bind_param_inout_array, found by Ricky Egeland. Fix by John Scoles.
- Fix for a typo in
oracle.xs. From Milo van der Leij.
- Fix for bugs on SPs with lobs, reported by Martin Evans. Fix by John Scoles.
- Changed the way ping works — rather than using prepare and execute it now makes a single round trip call to DB. By John Scoles.
- Fix for rt.cpan.org Ticket #=37501: fail HP-UX Itanium 11.31 makefile also added the OS and version to the output of the
Makefile.PLfor easier debugging. From John Scoles and Rich Roemer.
- Added a number of internal functions for decoding OCI debug values. From John Scoles.
- Fix for hpux 11.23 linker error, unrecognized argument on the Makefile. From someone on CPAN forum.
- Added fetch by piece for lobs, fixed persistent lobs and expanded their usage for LONG and LONG RAW, and changed to pod to reflect the changes. From John Scoles.
- Added comment to POD on case sensitivity of ORACLE environment variables. Suggested by Gerhard Lausser.
- Added patch to fix a number of harmless, but annoying GCC warnings. From Eric Simon.
- Added (finally)
ora_verbosefor DBD-only tracking. From John Scoles, and with thanks to H.Merijn Brand.
- Fix for rt.cpan.org Ticket #=32396. From John Scoles.
- Fix for memory leak that sneaked into 1.21. From John Scoles.
- Fix for rt.cpan.org Ticket #=36069: Problem with synonym. From John Scoles.
- Fix for rt.cpan.org Ticket #=28811:
ORA_CHAR(s)not returning correct length in functions and procedures. From John Scoles.
Makefile.PL now working without flags for Linux 220.127.116.11 instant client and regular client. From John Scoles, Andy Sautins, H.Merijn Brand, Nathan Vonnahme, and Karun Dutt
- Fixed how persistent lob fetch works; now uses callback correctly. From John Scoles and Darren Kipp.
6 Responses to “DBD::Oracle 1.22 Released”
Leave a Reply