The “Sesame Street” Version of DBD::Oracle (1.23) has been released.
You can find it at CPAN DBD::Oracle.
DBD::Oracle is the Perl module that works with the DBI module to provide access to Oracle databases. It is maintained by me, John Scoles, under the auspices of The Pythian Group as open source/free software.
This release is largely a maintenance release that fixes a number of bugs.
New stuff includes the ability to fetch Oracle embedded types directly into an oracle object; a big thank you goes out to Tomas Pokorny for that patch.
Also, UTF8 support has been expanded and cleaned up for BLOBs and
execute_array and thanks go out to Milo van der Leij, David Mansfield for most of the work on this.
Also a big thanks Alex Buttery, Jim McCullars, Charles Jardine, Eric Simon, and Chris Underhill, who helped out with some clean up of the code, READMEs, and the POD.
I have also now added two private statement functions
ora_stmt_type which will get the OCI type name and type for the currently prepared statement.
The complete change list
- Fix from rt.cpan.org, ticket # 44788: bool
in_liteshould be char
- Fix for UTF8 and blobs by John Scoles with Milo van der Leij
- Fix for some warnings and one bug in
ocitrace.hfrom Charles Jardine
- Fix in case there may be a bug in Oracle 11g where the
0, which should never happen; John Scoles
- Fix on the
Makefile.PLfor a possible SQL bug in instantclient from Martin Evans
- Added a change from a suggestion from Martin Evans for making ref cursors faster
- Added rt.cpan.org Ticket # 42328:
ora_objectsattribute for extended embedded objects support; from Tomas Pokorny
- Fix for rt.cpan.org Ticket # 42328; user-defined types from different schema in
describe_obj; from Tomas Pokorny
- Added a README for Sun; suggested by Jim McCullars
- Clean up of white space and formatting to 4 tabs; from John Scoles
- Fix for GCC 4.3 warnings; from Eric Simon
- Standardized the
dbd_verboselevels so they are all
3and over; from John Scoles
- Added private statement functions
ora_stmt_type; from John Scoles
- Update to POD; from Chris Underhill
README.win64.txtwith content from Alex Buttery
- Fix for rt.cpan.org Ticket # 21920: Bug with Oracle DBD for Mac OS X Instant Client; from boingolover
- Added a few more constants to get rid of magic numbers; from John Scoles
- Fix for rt.cpan.org Ticket # 38267: Inserts/Updates to BLOBs via synonyms fails; from John Scoles
- Fix for rt.cpan.org Ticket # 39603 build problem and fix missing functions in
oci.def; from Zoltán Sebestyén
- Fix for rt.cpan.org Ticket # 39374:
Makefile.PL: error when reducing echo messages from make; from Tippa
- Fix for rt.cpan.org Ticket # 39232: binding large
XMLTYPEfails on 64-bit Perl; from Jeff Klein
- Fix for rt.cpan.org Ticket # 38749: Warning of a
NULLcolumn in an aggregate function; also added
ora_oci_success_warnto display silent OCI warnings; from John Scoles
- Patch for UTF8 check on
execute_arrayfrom David Mansfield and a little by John Scoles
Share this article
3 Responses to “DBD::Oracle 1.23 Released”
Leave a Reply