I have just managed to get DBD::Oracle to successfully compile, install, and test with the 188.8.131.52.0 Instant Client (IC) on a Linux (32bit) OS. It seems Oracle, in its wisdom, has changed the folder structure yet again, so to get it to compile, try this.
The table structure of the IC out of the RPMs is:
/usr/lib/oracle/184.108.40.206/client/ (Instant Client Package Basic)
/usr/include/oracle/220.127.116.11/client/ (Instant Client – SDK)
So, doing the following . . .
export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/18.104.22.168/client export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$PATH perl Makefile.PL -m /usr/share/oracle/22.214.171.124/client/demo.mk -h /usr/include/oracle/126.96.36.199/client/
. . . will work.
I have also updated the
Makefile.PL, which can be found here: http://svn.perl.org/modules/dbd-oracle/trunk/Makefile.PL.
Cheers, John Scoles.
One Response to “DBD::Oracle and Instant Client 188.8.131.52.0”
Leave a Reply