Incident Notification – Pythian internal – Jul 29th 3PM EDT
Jul 29, 2011 / By Alex Gorbachev
We have incident reporting procedures at Pythian. This incident report was sent just recently internally at Pythian. We learned some good lessons from it so I hope it would be useful to the community as well – copying it below as is…
As part of our incident management process, you will find below a summary of the details from the incident that occurred on July 29th at 3PM EDT.
- Pythian employees were de-motivated by the lack of refreshments on Friday afternoon
- Bruce didn’t get his beer and had a bad start to his vacation
- New hire and Buddy did not replenish the fridge prior to the 3PM deadline and only brought what was available – wine and a few wimpy drinks.
- BORG presentation may need to be updated to inform Buddy that they need to do a beer run
Sequence of Events:
- Approx Friday 3PM EDT, Igor (new hire) and Bill (buddy) came by with a cartful of nothing – no beer :-(
- Approx. 3:01PM EDT Bruce shook new employee’s hand and admonished the Buddy for lack of planning/oversight
- Bruce didn’t get his beer and had to continue working with dry mouth
- Wrote up a report so this travesty would not recur
- Buddies to be trained on buying beer
- BORG presentations to be updated to inform Buddies to buy the beer
Please respond to this notification with your preferred time frame for follow-up
- Today Jul 29th
- Tomorrow Jul 30th
- Friday Aug 5th 3PM in time for the next beer run!
PS: BORG stands for Bringing On-board Recruited Gurus – our new employees on-boarding program.
PPS: the impact was severilly understated. For example, I didn’t get my Guinness and left the office early on Friday – it wasn’t even 5pm!
4 Responses to “Incident Notification – Pythian internal – Jul 29th 3PM EDT”
Leave a Reply