MySQL’s SQL Deviations and Extensions
Jun 28, 2010 / By Sheeri Cabral
Today at Kaleidoscope I will be doing a 90-minute session comparing MySQL’s SQL syntax to the ANSI/ISO SQL:2003 standard, entitled What Do You Mean, “SQL Syntax Error”?
You can download the PDF slides now.
For those that may be following along the presentation later today (4 pm Eastern time), here are some links that I may throw out during the session:
- SQL 2003 standard – actually it is “Information taken from the Final Committee Draft (FCD) of ISO/IEC 9075-2:2003″ but it’s extremely close to the actual standard. The actual standard is a document that costs a non-trivial amount of money to get, and cannot be republished.
- The MySQL Administrator’s Bible, from which this content was taken from.
- The MySQL Manual page for sql_mode values.
- Information about and examples of quoting in MySQL
- The MySQL Manual page for CREATE TABLE which contains all the special extensions MySQL has for tables.
- The MySQL Manual page for PROCEDURE ANALYSE().
- The MySQL Manual page for the SHOW extension
- PDF slides for an EXPLAIN presentation I have done, and the EXPLAIN Cheatsheet.
2 Responses to “MySQL’s SQL Deviations and Extensions”
Leave a Reply