OEM12c Discovery of Exadata Cluster
May 19, 2012 / By Fahd Mirza
dbm_configurator.xls is needed to generate databasemachine.xml file which is needed by OEM 12c to discover an exadata cluster.
Following is a step by step process as how to generate databasemachine.xml file to be used with OEM 12c:
1) Get the dbm_configurator70.xls file from /opt/oracle.SupportTools/onecommand directory from the first compute node of Exadata cluster.
2) Also get config.dat and dbmachine.params file from /opt/oracle.SupportTools/onecommand directory.
3) Open dbm_configurator70.xls file in Microsoft Excel and enabled the ActiveX content and Macros.
4) Make sure that all three files are in one directory and then click import button in the dbm_configurator excel file.
5) Select the dbmachine.params file and click ok, and it should populate the fields in your Excel sheet.
6) Verify that all the values are ok and if they are not change them and then click on Generate button.
7) This should generate a configuration on the bottom part of your Excel sheet.
8) Review that information and if its fine, then click on Create Config Button and it should generate mutliple files in your C drive and you will get a pop up telling you location of generated files.
9) databasemachine.xml is one of those generated files and you can use it with your OEM12c.