OpenSQLCamp Videos online!
Dec 1, 2009 / By Sheeri Cabral
OpenSQLCamp was a huge success! I took videos of most of the sessions (we only had 3 video cameras, and 4 rooms, and 2 sessions were not recorded). Unfortunately, I was busy doing administrative stuff for opensqlcamp for the opening keynote and first 15 minutes of the session organizing, and when I got to the planning board, it was already full….so I was not able to give a session.
- Comparing Non-Relational Databases: MongoDB, Tokyo Tyrant, CouchDB by Igal Koshevoy of Pragmaticraft
- Drizzle Client Rewrite – Clark Boylan leads the requirements and design discussion for rewriting the Drizzle Client
- Drizzle is Not MySQL with Changes – Brian Aker gives a talk on Drizzle, and how Drizzle is not MySQL.
- Geographic Operators in SQL (PostGIS) by Webb Sprague
- Goal-Driven Performance – Peter Zaitsev speaks about how to achieve goal-driven performance.
- Graph Engine for MySQL – by Antony Curtis
- Intro to Cassandra
- An Intro to CouchDB: What caught Ubuntu’s eye by Mike Miller (Cloudant)
- Maria – MySQL founder Monty Widenius talks about Maria, and the past, present and future of MySQL.
- mk-query-digest – Baron Schwartz talks about mk-query-digest, which parses logs and can capture live MySQL action to analyze, transform, filter, review and report on queries.
- SQL For the Insane – Dan Colish presents SQL For the Insane – crazy SQL tricks presented at the November 2009 OpenSQLCamp in Portland, Oregon.
- SQL vs. NoSQL Panel moderated by Ronald Bradford and including:
- Brian Aker – Drizzle
- Monty Widenius – MariaDB
- Selena Deckelmann – PostgreSQL
- Eric Evans – Cassandra
- Mike Dirolf – MongoDB
- Mike Miller – CouchDB
- PBMS, BLOB, S3 Storage and Backup – Barry Leslie of Primebase talks about PBMS, BLOB, S3 Storage and backup with the PBMS Daemon.
- Operations Aspects to Running DBs in the Cloud – Joe Williams from Cloudant talks about: automation (config management, dynamically adding nodes) performance (adding nodes to increase performance, disk tuning) and availability (what if a node goes down?)
- Speak HTTP to your Database – John David Duncan speaks about lessons learned from mod_ndb
- Storage Engine API – Bradley Kuszmaul of Tokutek describes his ideas for a storage engine API for MySQL.
- Using and Optimizing Databases on Flash by Peter Zaitsev
- Xtrabackup tricks – Peter Zaitsev talks about Xtrabackup tricks.
Lightning Talks (same as previously posted, nothing new below):
- All the lightning talks below in one continuous video (just over 54 minutes total)
- The Graph Engine (Antony Curtis)
- Cluster/J, a new set of Java APIs to MySQL Cluster 5.1 (John David Duncan)
- Sphinx, the fulltext storage engine (Peter Zaitsev)
- Integrating OSS with Windows (Tom Hanrahan of Microsoft)
- Trainwreck, an agent for MySQL replication (Domas Mituzas)
- I Play With Data, about doing real statistical calculations of data, when SQL gets in the way (Joseph di Paolantonio)
- Your Guide to NoSQL (Brian Aker)
- PL/Parrot The call for PL/Parrot in Postgres is put out there (Jonathan “Duke” Leto)
2 comments on “OpenSQLCamp Videos online!”
Pingback: tending the garden › twittering on 2009-12-01
Pingback: tending the garden › Weekly tweet digest for 2009-12-06