Oracle 188.8.131.52 Released, Major Bug Fixes
Aug 22, 2006 / By Marc Fielding
I was looking for known issues under 10.2.0.2 (which are notoriously hard to find by searching MetaLink) and came across this note that mentioned 184.108.40.206.
Looking up patch number 4547809 on Oracle’s FTP site (use your MetaLink credentials to log in), I see that it was released for Windows 32/64-bit, HP/UX 64-bit, and MVS (!) overnight:
C:Documents and SettingsUser>ftp updates.oracle.com Connected to bigip-aru.oracle.com. 220 FTP server ready. User (bigip-aru.oracle.com:(none)): 331 Username OK, please send password. Password: 230- 230- Welcome to the Oracle Patch Download FTP Server 230- 230- For detailed help, use command "quote site help". 230 ftp> cd 4547809 250 Changed directory OK. ftp> ls -al 200 PORT command OK. 150 Opening data connection for file listing. total 1 -r--r--r-- 1 root other 614741565 Aug 22 04:32 p4547809_92080_HP64.zip -r--r--r-- 1 root other 173812249 Aug 22 09:37 p4547809_92080_MVS.zip -r--r--r-- 1 root other 257710303 Aug 21 23:17 p4547809_92080_WINNT.zip -r--r--r-- 1 root other 378323336 Aug 22 09:10 p4547809_92080_WINNT64.zip 226 Listing complete. Data connection has been closed. ftp: 336 bytes received in 0.00Seconds 336000.00Kbytes/sec. ftp>
There’s already one (minor) known issue: a problem with prefetch from pipelined table functions (bug 5068565).
Major bug fixes:
- corruption in NOCACHE LOB’s under ASSM (5212539)
- incorrect definitions/ORA-936 from dba_views (4192148)
- memory corruption using INDIRECT_DATA_BUFFERS with RAC under Linux 32-bit (4926861)
- ORA-6502 selecting max/min into a char variable (4458790)
- system stats skewed by “ksu process alloc latch yield” event (4658188)
- workaround for change of locking for “SELECT FOR UPDATE” operations introduced in 220.127.116.11 (4969880)
- archivelogs with duplicate names between primary/standby will be deleted by RMAN (2802688)
- wrong results with max() function on a column with NULL values (4925103)
Full fix list: MetaLink note 358776.1 . Yes it says that AIX is available but there’s no sign of the AIX patchset in the patch download area.
Interesting to see Windows is yet again the first platform to receive the bugfix… a change in platform focus for Oracle perhaps? Then again, the third platform was MVS so maybe it means nothing.
Update: As of August 23, AIX 5L 64-bit, Linux Itanium, and Linux x86-64 have also come out.
Update: As of August 24, Solaris 32 and 64-bit are out
Update: As of August 29, Linux x86 (32-bit) is out
One Response to “Oracle 18.104.22.168 Released, Major Bug Fixes”
Leave a Reply