Dear blog readers,
I’m working on a small story about database consolidation and interested to learn what are success and failures that others are going through. While we have our own experience at Pythian, I find it interesting to learn about what others are going through. If you have enough details, it would be nice to see your feedback along those lines.
1. Why consolidation project started – targets?
2. What were expectations / success criteria and how they were set?
3. What was the scope of the consolidation project.
4. Expected time-frame and whether you are done by now.
5. Was the project considered successful? Goals met (see item 2)?
6. What were the measurements before and after? Were there any?
7. Issues faced and how they were solved or worked around.
Interesting facts like platform, number of databases, versions, consolidation strategy and etc.
Sharing your experience here would be beneficial for the community at large. Besides, don’t you want to win a book?
I myself contributed the first chapter to this book but the rest of the authors are really awesome! ;-)
To win the book, you need to share your experience and provide details. Addressing the items I mentioned would be great but if you don’t have the whole picture, you might miss some of it so just tell us your story. Of course just few sentences won’t qualify you for a story teller so I’ll use 1000 characters as a guideline threshold to qualify for a draw but I won’t follow it blindly — insights into your consolidation project is what counts!
Don’t forget to enter a proper email address (remember that it’s not shared) when entering a comment so that I can follow up in case you get the prize.
Oh… and there is a deadline! You get time until tomorrow (at the time of writing) – 11:59pm EST 18-Jan-2011. Feel free to share even later but the prize will be gone by then!
Thanks in advance for all your comments!
Share this article
8 Responses to “Oracle Database Consolidation – What’s Your Story?”
Leave a Reply