There you can find the list of EM 11g new features. After I quickly skimmed through it I could mention few areas:
- Full blown Fusion Middleware management support
- More complete support for RAC, Grid Infrastructure and ASM
- Integration with My Oracle Support
- Improvements in provisioning (I hope it really works now and can actually start saving us time and not make us spend more time troubleshooting failures)
- Better virtualization support (must be focused on Oracle VM though)
Here is the surprise you might not have expected — you now need to install Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.2 (Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 Patch Set 1) as a pre-requisite to Oracle Grid Control installation. It doesn’t come pre-packaged with an application server as was the case with iAS in EM 10g release. I fully expected that EM 11g will run on WebLogic Server infrastructure but installation might a bit less straightforward for some of you.
But worry not — managing WebLogic Server is generally easier than managing iAS. Plus you all wanted to learn Oracle Fusion Middleware. Didn’t you?
So my conclusion is that EM11g is not a breakthrough in terms of re-design, navigation in the user interface and functionality. However, it has the new engine under the hood which I’m personally very excited about.
11 Responses to “Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Documentation Available Online”
Leave a Reply