Quick Links to Curt Monash’s Analyses of the Sun/Oracle Deal
Apr 22, 2009 / By Paul Vallee
Curt Monash of DBMS2, the database industry analysis and research blog, posted a flurry of Oracle/Sun/MySQL commentaries since the announcement, and upon learning that they no longer appear on PlanetMySQL I thought I would quickly draw the community’s attention to the thoughts of one of our industry’s most respected thinkers on the deal.
It is worth it to read them all. Here they are in reverse order of publication (meaning newest first):
- MySQL Miscellany
- I don’t see why the GPL would be a major barrier to a useful MySQL Fork
- This week is a really good time to actively strengthen the MySQL forkers
- MySQL Storage Engine round-up with Oracle-related thoughts
- Should the Oracle-MySQL Combo face antitrust opposition?
- First thoughts on Oracle Acquiring Sun
3 comments on “Quick Links to Curt Monash’s Analyses of the Sun/Oracle Deal”
Pingback: Log Buffer #143: a Carnival of the Vanities for DBAs | Pythian Group Blog
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.