I am happy to announce that, thanks to all the volunteers’ hard work and Oracle Technology Network‘s support, RAC Attack is going to be part of the Oracle OpenWorld 2013 conference in less than a month’s time. Traditionally, RAC Attack is a meeting place for many technology enthusiasts and big names in the world of Oracle technology. I am sure that this year will not be an exception. This year, RAC Attack will have a prime location - Moscone South in the OTN Lounge - and will take place Tuesday, September 24th and Wednesday, September 25th from 10 am – 2 pm.
We will have a friendly team of RAC Attack Ninjas on-site ready to break down any RAC-related technical issue. You will recognize RAC Attack’s Ninjas easily. They will wear bandannas like the one in the picture. If you see a person with such a bandanna, do not hesitate to stop him and have a conversation.
Besides the great networking opportunity, RAC Attack will once again offer you a unique opportunity to install an Oracle RAC 12c on your laptop in the least possible time with the help of a great team of volunteers. At the end of the activity, you will have a ready-to-go playground to get hands-on experience with the latest Oracle database version. This year, we have great news for the Oracle community: RAC Attack is now based on a complete Oracle technology stack. It includes Oracle Virtual Box 4.2, Oracle Linux 6.4, and the latest and greatest Oracle database 12c. Participants are advised to have the following:
- A laptop with
- 64 bit OS
- 8 GB of RAM
- 50 GB of a free space
- We suggest you pre-download Oracle 12c for 64-bit Linux (V38500-01, V38501-01) from e-Delivery‘s web site on your laptop for the following reasons:
- The WiFi network’s speed at large conferences like OpenWold isn’t great.
- We may not be able to give you a copy of the Oracle 12c on-site because of legal licencing implications. (We will discuss possible options with Oracle’s legal team.)
Even if you don’t have a powerful laptop with you at OpenWorld or don’t have much time to get the installation completed, come along and have a RAC-related technology discussion with our great team of Ninjas. There are many different activities that you can get involved in at RAC Attack, including the following:
- Oracle 12c RAC Install Hands On
- Bring your laptop and in 3-4 hours, you will have your sandbox environment up and running.
- Oracle 12c RAC Install Information Support
- In 15-30 minutes, talk through the Oracle 12c RAC installation procedure with us and get it installed at home after the conference.
- Oracle 12c Single Node Install
- If you don’t have enough time or hardware resources, why not implement an Oracle 12c database in a single node configuration?
- RAC Advice
- If you do have RAC-related questions, we would be happy to share our thoughts on it or pass the question to the experts who can answer them in no time.
- RAC Advanced
- If you are keen to learn as many RAC details as possible or are an advanced RAC administrator already, then you could try to “break” it up by trying different testing scenarios or testing and discussing new features.
Apart from joining the RAC Attack activities, don’t forget to grab your RAC Attack ribbon and become a RAC Attack Ninja yourself! :)
Last but not least, we need your help to ensure that you have a great networking experience at RAC Attack this year. Please spread the word about the event among your networks and peers. Feel free to use any images from this post in your social media posts. On Twitter, we use the #RACAttack hash tag. (Follow it to get updates!) On Facebook, please feel free to reference Oracle Technology Network. Let’s make the operation Ninja a success together.
See you folks at Oracle OpenWorld 2013 in less than a month.
3 Responses to “RAC Attack at Oracle OpenWorld 2013 (Operation Ninja)”
Leave a Reply