Release 1.1.1 of MySQL Plug-in for Oracle Enterprise Manager
Sep 11, 2009 / By Alex Gorbachev
Update 30-Aug-2012: the first 12c plug version is released.
I have just released a new version of the MySQL plug-in for Oracle Enterprise Manager — MySQL plug-in 1.1.1. This is a long overdue bug fix release.
There are no new features implemented (we have another branch in development) but just fixed number of fairly annoying bugs that I was finally able to reproduce.
The download link is on the plug-in’s home page where you can also find a data-sheet and installation guide.
Here are the changes in the 1.1.1 release:
- Tested with Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control 10g Release 5 (10.2.0.5)
- Fixed the bug with connections not closed properly
- Fixed bug that caused collection to hang and time-out (Net::MySQL bug — not recognizing a final packet in result-set)
- Fixed bug that caused collection processes to spin on CPU (Net::MySQL bug when zero length packet returned from the socket — very weird why it happens)
- Fixed few bugs in Commands and Executions report – graphs produced errors from time to time
- Removed columns Compression and Tc_log_% in Others metric
- Changed metric Opened_tables into ratio per second
I have tested it on Linux and Windows with MySQL 5.0 and 5.1. Please do post here in the comments to confirm that it works on your release and provide the following info:
- Oracle Grid Control Server (OMS) version
- Oracle Agent version
- Operating Sysytem and version
- MySQL version and the details of the build
- Do you monitor MySQL instance running locally (on the same host as Oracle Agent) or remotely
This will help the whole community and confirm that there are no platform/version specific issues. I will take care of summarizing your comments — don’t be afraid to duplicate the info. Thanks!
Any issues please report here as usual.
58 Responses to “Release 1.1.1 of MySQL Plug-in for Oracle Enterprise Manager”
Leave a Reply