The most recent action I’ve done was upgrading database from 126.96.36.199 to the currently latest 188.8.131.52 version. The database is using ASM but I should notice at the beginning that the configuration is for Stand-Alone Server and not RAC. Basically when doing such action the first things that need to be done are part of the following checklist….
A new trial version of DBD::Oracle has been churned out. This release is mostly about Martin J. Evans going all ninjawesome on minor bug fixes, as well as paving the way for an upcoming refactoring / speed boost of ora_verbose. As usual, the new version will be soaked for at least 2 weeks before it will turn into its fit-for-general-consumption v1.46 incarnation. Testers, please give this baby a whirl. The full changelog follows for the curious minded.
The Ottawa Oracle User Group (OOUG) were kind enough to invite me to give a whole morning full of presentation.
The group was ultra engaged and asked a lot of good questions, so my usual 50 minute Big Data presentation ended up taking 100 minutes, and the rest of the content had to be squeezed a bit. I hope everyone had a good time.
This is just a very short blog entry to inform folks that there is an open discussion group over at LinkedIn for SLOB topics of interest. The group can be accessed through the following link
Update 13-June-2012: it has come to my attention that the numbers from the original source may have been incorrect or improperly released. To avoid confusion and potentially misleading information, the original content of this blog post has been removed.
I was on an Exadata environment with four RAC instances, when a fellow DBA created an incident package. No big deal, except part of the adrci packaging procedure was to take a backup of the controlfile and include it in the incident package. Though the package was created successfully, the controlfile never made it.
This posts finalizes a few weeks work on comparing SLOB and ORION IO testing tools.
In this blog post I share physical IO testing results I got running SLOB and ORION on the same system on the same disks. I will use those results as a reference in few next blog posts. As of now I would like to make few points based in the results here.
Until very recently, SQL Azure was the only solution offering SQL server on cloud, Google Cloud SQL offering MySQL only and Amazon offering MySQL and Oracle Not anymore! The online retail and cloud solution giant is now offering SQL server as part of its RDS service and also added ASP.NET support for AWS Elastic Beanstalk
I just installed 3.1.1 Oracle VM server for training purposes on my sandbox and faced the same issue I faced installing 3.0.3 and 3.0.1 versions before. I quickly found a workaround that worked for me. But as follow up I decided to search though Google and MOS in order to see if there has been any good development in resolving the issue from others (Oracle may be ;). Anyway this is that I found.