My presentations are finished and the feedback positive (“This was not what I had expected, but it is really making me think.”). I will be presenting one of sessions (Using AWR/ASH data) at RMOUG Training Days and Hotsos Symposium 2011 with minor modifications (I wonder…can I use the 11g analytical function LISTAGG with AWR/ASH data?).
Highlights from the last day and a half…
- AWR Time Series Analysis (Breitling) – Don’t underestimate the benefit of vizualization in analysis.
- Co-operating with the database (Lewis) – Bad systems fail because they are bad and nobody uses them; Good systems fail because they are good and everybody uses them.
- ASM Failability (Gorbachev) – There is no configuration that protects you 100% of the time.
- Advanced Oracle Troubleshooting, Part 1 (Geist) – Finding a good tuning fix without any side effects is not a trivial task.
- ASM Redundancy Levels (Hawker) – Automated processes and disaster recovery can have unintended, unforeseen and disasterous side effects.
- Back to the Basics (Poder) – Performance diagnosis and optimization is an art…only to those who do not understand fundamentals.
- Advanced Oracle Troubleshooting, Part 2 (Geist) – Cursor dumps will show the bind variable value used to parse the plan and the current value for the execution.
Now…in my own defense…my blog posts are short because I value my reader’s time and want to deliver high informational throughput!
Well…the reality is that I left my netbook’s power supply at home and my battery power is limited to only essential and brief work. I shall endeavor to expound on my adventures under regular power later in the week!
Share this article
One Response to “UKOUG Days 2 & 3”
Leave a Reply