Apps password change routine in Release 12.2 E-Business Suite changed a little bit. We have now extra options to change password, as well as some manual steps after changing the password using FNDCPASS.
There is a new utility introduced called AFPASSWD. This utility unlike FNDCPASS wont require you to enter apps and system user password, and makes it possible to separate duties between database administrator and application administrator. In most cases both these roles are done by same DBA. But in large organizations, there may be different teams that manage Database and Application. You can read about different options available in AFPASSWD in EBS Maintenance guide.
Whether you use FNDCPASS or AFPASSWD to change the APPLSYS/APPS password, you must also perform some additional steps. This is because in R12.2, the old AOL/J connection pooling is replaced with Weblogic Connection Pool ( JDBC Datasource ). Currently this procedure is not yet automated. It would be good, if this can be automated using some WLS scripting.
- Shut down the application tier services
- Change the APPLSYS password, as described for the utility you are using.
- Start AdminServer using the adadminsrvctl.sh script from your RUN filesystem
- Do not start any other application tier services.
- Update the “apps” password in WLS Datasource as follows:
- Log in to WLS Administration Console.
- Click Lock & Edit in Change Center.
- In the Domain Structure tree, expand Services, then select Data Sources.
- On the “Summary of JDBC Data Sources” page, select EBSDataSource.
- On the “Settings for EBSDataSource” page, select the Connection Pool tab.
- Enter the new password in the “Password” field.
- Enter the new password in the “Confirm Password” field.
- Click Save.
- Click Activate Changes in Change Center.
- Start all the application tier services using the adstrtal.sh script.
I will be posting more of these What’s new with R12.2 articles in future. Post your experiences changing passwords in Oracle EBS in the comments section. I will happy to hear your stories and give my inputs
4 Responses to “What’s New with Apps Password Change in R12.2 E-Business Suite ?”
Leave a Reply