The Holiday Season was a very Perlish one for me. With two weeks’ worth of vacation time, and my mother-in-law visiting, I had plenty of time to sit down, leasurely sip some hot cocoa and hack my merry little heart away. Net result: four new/updated modules (Catalyst::Plugin::VersionedURI, Dist::Zilla::PluginBundle::YANICK, Dancer::Template::Mason and XML::XSS) and six seven blog entries. And that’s not counting the many acts of random patching, the secret experiments and other such pleasant yak shaving. All Very Good Stuff that makes me Quite Happy.
And now that we are entering 2011, I thought I could stop for a few seconds to join the Todo meme and list what I hope be able to work on for the next little while during my spare time. So… Here’s what one could expect from little me in the new year, non-$work-related but still programming-wise:
- Attend a Perl Conference. Because methinks I’m way overdue for one of those. Perhaps Asheville?
- Dust off cpanvote.
I’ve been talking with the cpan-api folks, and there is interest to merge the
cpanvotefunctionality with the nascent
CPAN-APIproject. Very exciting. As we speak, I’m working on a Dancer version of
cpanvotethat should be ready in a few days.
- Actually begin to use my Smolder/TAP monitoring system in earnest. (I’m great at coming up with great tricks, but terrible at actually using them)
- Spare some time to give CGI.pm some love. Strangely, I’ve found myself part of the unofficial maintenance crew for that grand-daddy of a module. As I’m not really using it, I’ve not paid enough attention to its bug queue lately — I should try to change that.
- Release a new Pod::Manual that actually works. And by “actually work”, I mean “take all the modules of the main Moose distribution and turn it into a magnificent pdf”.
- Clean up XML:XSS’s documentation and turn it into something somebody else would actually want to use.
- Create a Dist::Zilla plugin that automatically close RT tickets mentioned in the
- In the same vein, hack a script tha take my RT tickets and create Hiveminder items out of them.
- Tinker on Galuga. It’s already quite serviceable, but there’s still a lot of prettification that can be done. And widgets that could be plastered all over the place. And a mobile mode. And a automatic ebook converter.
- Continue to hack on the space game. Just for the heck of it, and to play with SVG and Raphaël.
- Give NetPacket a Moose-based little brother. As
NetPacketitself is often used in small scripts where speed matter, I can’t really Moosify it, but creating a new sister dist named
Net::Datagramwould nicely provide an alternative to the venerable
Mouse d', a web app that is sure to make me insanely rich and famous.
- Give Games::Perlwar a Dancer front-end.
And, of course, lots of other stuff that is sure to pop here and there, as other stuff is wont to do.
Interested in working with Yanick? Schedule a tech call.