Examining select announcements from Microsoft Ignite 2018
I recently joined Chris Presley for a special version of his podcast, Cloudscape , to talk about some of the recent announcements at Microsoft Ignite 2018. Topics of discussion included:
- SQL 2019
- Azure SQL DB Hyperscale and Managed Instance
- Cosmos DB multi-master
- Kubernetes virtual node preview and Kubernetes in Azure
- Multiple database copies work in read and write mode and the service handles the data replication and consistency between each other.
- You can have a global database deployed in any Azure region around the world.
- You can have multiple ways to do conflict detection. Either use the automated system, which is based on Microsoft's global clock system to do last writer wins resolution, or you can implement your own conflict resolution code.