Datascape Episode 60: Data Strategy, Data Literacy, Monetization, and More with Joey Jablonski
Episode 60 Shownotes
Welcome to another episode of the Datascape Podcast. VP of Analytics Joey Jablonski joins us to discuss data-related trends and challenges, as well as his 20+ year career in technology, including his time at the US Department of Energy and the Department of Defense.
The hosts outline Pythian’s strategic direction and data-based services line of business and discuss various topics, including data governance, strategy, and monetization, as well as the typical challenges businesses face when modernizing their data posture. They later address skill building, expectations, and training in the technology sector.
Tune in to hear about these and other topics.
Key Points From this Episode
- Introduction of today’s topics: data strategy, data literacy, and monetization.
- Joey outlines his professional background, from exploring computational power and data sets to his time as a CTO, and an enterprise technologist.
- Joey discusses his current role, including his focus areas, such as data strategy and governance.
- The hosts discuss the importance and role of data governance across diverse companies.
- The hosts discuss the technical and organizational challenges linked to implementing data governance.
- Joey discusses organizational challenges, including decision-making and legacy/tech debt and their impact on computing ability.
- The hosts discuss the importance of data quality and user experience design.
- Joey describes his approach to data strategy and governance.
- The hosts discuss cloud-to-go architectures, multi-cloud strategies, and risk mitigation in a managed way.
- Joey discusses team building, skill building, and training.
- The hosts discuss common roadblocks to deploying data governance programs.
- Joey discusses data education and literacy program challenges.
- Joey discusses the new frontier in data: deep technical implementations, operations, and new capabilities.
- Joey shares his recommendations for building analytical models.
- The hosts discuss data monetization.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode