Embracing the New Normal with Google Workspace - Part Two
In the first post of our “New Normal” series, we outlined our predictions for the future of remote work. Here’s a brief recap of what we, at Pythian, see coming:
- Remote work will become the norm.
- Businesses will reconsider the need for physical office space.
- Leadership will invest more in tools and technology to promote virtual work.
Asking QuestionsFor many businesses, working remotely is something they’ve had to adopt by necessity during COVID-19. Some of the most common concerns we’ve heard about maintaining this model in the long-term include:
- Loss of human interaction: Because disengaged employees cost businesses billions each year, any potential reduction in morale is a valid concern.
- Lack of team communication: Will a loss of face-to-face interaction lead to a breakdown in communication?
- Reduced project collaboration: How can employees easily access the information and data they require to get their work done? How can they reach the team members they need to collaborate with to move projects forward?
- Subpar online security: What’s the best way to share documents and critical business information in the absence of a controlled, physical environment? How secure is the Cloud?
- Nearly 60 percent of office workers feel less connected to their colleagues since working from home. (The future of work — the good, the challenging & the unknown)
- One in three workers feels disconnected from company, culture and colleagues. (Insight)
Finding AnswersThe good news is that Google Workspace offers solutions to these very legitimate concerns. Simple, human-centered immersive experiences like those offered by Meet picture-in-picture improve collaboration by helping people build meaningful connections. Enhancements like live captions, in-meeting translation, adaptive layouts, low-light mode, and noise cancellation connect workers, from the frontline to the back office. Statistics show, despite the challenges of remote work, using tools like Meet can deliver measurable advantages:
- 52 percent of people feel more valued or included as a remote contributor, because everyone is now in the same virtual room. (The future of work — the good, the challenging & the unknown)
- 62 percent of employees feel more empathetic towards their colleagues now that they have a better view of their home life. (The future of work — the good, the challenging & the unknown)
Embracing ChangeAt Pythian we know Google Workspace, and we take the time to get to know your business needs. This puts us in a great position to leverage the Workspace all-in-one, cloud-based platform to help you work smarter, faster and together. We can show you how to put Google Workspace to work to connect, create, access and control in your workplace.
ConnectCommunication and true connection have never been simpler with Google Workspace. Using built-in tools, employees can reach colleagues anywhere, any time. Send a quick email using Gmail with Smart Compose and Reply features. Schedule a Google Meet video call that fits everyone’s schedule by accessing shared agendas via Google Calendar.
CreateGoogle Workspace tools include everything your team needs to do their best work, including:
- Docs: Create, share, edit and collaborate on documents without the need to manage multiple versions. Instead, versions are updated in real-time. Plus, your team can chat, assign tasks and add comments inside documents to take collaboration to the next level.
- Sheets: Complex data processing capabilities with a simple interface make visualizing data simple. And again, there’s no need to manage multiple versions, removing added confusion.
- Slides: Google Workspace allows your team to create presentations and collaborate in those presentations at the same time.
- Forms: Google Forms enables you to create surveys or forms using a simple interface. Plus, it’s simple to track and collect responses inside Sheets for easy data visualization.
- Sites: Your employee intranet is critical for collaboration. Build an intranet using Google Sites, no coding required.
- Jamboard: The in-office whiteboard goes virtual with Jamboard, an interactive whiteboard that allows for real-time collaboration through a simple app.
- Keep: Keep is integrated with other Google Workspace tools. It’s an easy way to capture ideas, write to-do lists and more.