Datascape Episode 49: SQL Server, Snowflake, IT Industry Advice and More
Episode 49 Shownotes
SQL Server, Snowflake, IT Industry Advice and More
Welcome to the latest episode of the Datascape Podcast. Our guest for today’s episode is writer and SQL authority Pinal Dave.
Pinal talks about his work with SQL, Oracle, MongoDB and other technologies, as well as his website SQL Authority, and shares his journey to becoming a sought-after expert in the field. He also shares his perspective on consulting and working as a technologist in India and the various shifts we’ve seen in the industry since he launched his website 15 years ago.
Together, the hosts discuss some of the biggest challenges that enterprises face today, borderless technologies, evolutions and expectations throughout an IT career, and much more. Tune in to learn more.
Key Points From This Episode
- Pinal introduces himself and his work.
- Pinal delves into several topics, including how he started blogging and the evolution of his job as a consultant based in India.
- Warner and Pinal discuss the cloud, Snowflake and other technologies.
- Pinal touches on the impact of recent innovations on his work.
- Pinal talks about working with global customers and closing the skills gap in India.
- Warner and Pinal discuss today’s workplace and shifting evolving challenges and expectations.
- Pinal gives career advice to newbie developers.
- Warner shares his tips on how to stand out as a performer.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode