Datascape Episode 63: Recapping the Spring 2022 Microsoft Build Conference with Luan Moreno
Episode 63 Shownotes
Welcome to another episode of the Datascape Podcast. Big Data expert and Microsoft Data Platform MVP Luan Moreno Maciel recaps the updates from the Microsoft Build Conference. In this episode, the hosts discuss announcements related to SQL Server 2022, Synapse Analytics, Azure Purview, Cosmos DB, new container offerings and more.
Tune in to this information-packed episode to hear more.
Key Points From this Episode
- Introduction of today’s topic: Microsoft Build 2022 Conference announcements
- Luan introduces himself.
- The hosts discuss Microsoft Data Intelligence Platform, the umbrella term for the entire family of Microsoft and Azure data products, its features and characteristics, and integration into Purview.
- Warner describes the similarities between Cosmos DB and its similarities to other NoSQL databases.
- Luan shares his thoughts about Cosmos DB and its features, including serverless capacity, security enhancements, and ease of use.
- Luan describes the Azure SQL database updates and compares it to Google’s AlloyDB.
- Warner touches on Hyperscale for OLTP.
- Luan discusses site integration with Visual Studio Code and Azure Data Studio experience.
- The hosts discuss Azure Synapse vs. other cloud providers.
- Luan describes the challenge of data governance and the roles of Purview and Azure in simplifying its management.
- Warner discusses AI updates.
- Luan talks about building applications on Kubernetes using Draft Azure CLI.
- The hosts discuss updates to Power Platform (formerly Power Apps Portals).
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode
- Warner Chaves on LinkedIn
- Warner Chaves on Twitter
- SQL Server
- Cosmos DB
- Azure Synapse
- Apache Atlas
- Lake Formation
- Power Platform