Datascape Episode 64: Recapping the 2022 Snowflake Summit Conference with Sandeep Arora
Episode 64 Shownotes
Welcome to another episode of the Datascape Podcast. Pythian cloud architect Sandeep Arora recaps the updates from the conference, including new cybersecurity capabilities, integrations with AWS and Data Lakes, performance improvements, and more.
Tune in to hear all about it.
Key Points From this Episode
- Introduction of today’s topic: Recapping the 2022 Snowflake Summit Conference
- Sandeep introduces himself.
- The hosts discuss Snowflake’s new cybersecurity workload focus and their ability to run analytics and ML to their platform, its features, and challenges.
- Sandeep describes Unistore, Snowflake’s OLTP engine, and its ability to conduct transactional and analytical workloads in one system.
- The hosts discuss Unistore’s features and capabilities.
- The hosts discuss Snowflake Native Application Framework and building operational applications inside Snowflake.
- Sandeep talks about Snowflake’s competitive positioning.
- The hosts introduce new technical capabilities, including expanded Data Lake support, Apache Iceberg, Delta Table, and Snowflake’s move to on-premises hybrid models.
- Sandeep discusses hardware computing on AWS and performance improvements.
- The hosts discuss new governance features and columnar data lineage.
- The hosts discuss regional and cloud provider replication, data streaming, schema evolution with Snowpipe, CRM integration, solving data silos, and much more.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode
- Warner Chaves on LinkedIn
- Warner Chaves on Twitter
- SQL Server
- Snowflake Native Application Framework
- Apache Iceberg