How Google BigQuery can help marketing teams do more with their data
Why Google BigQuery for marketing?By using tools in Google Cloud, marketing teams can bring together disparate data sources, create more robust marketing capabilities and get a more complete profile of customers. Google BigQuery, for example, can help to harmonize and secure your data, helping you do more with data and analytics. BigQuery is a fully managed, serverless data warehouse that allows big data users, like marketing teams, to gain a 360-degree view of their data. With the ability to deal with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data, marketing teams have the power to bring in data from platforms like Meta, LinkedIn, Google Analytics, Google Ads, and more, to get a more complete view of their customers. BigQuery also offers real-time data analysis, thanks to automatic query optimization, dashboards and machine learning integration. Using BigQuery, you can easily store, access and analyze massive amounts of data. And you’ll never have to worry about storage capacity. With Google Cloud and BigQuery, you can grow capacity as you need it, since you only pay for the resources you use. Your marketing team can even take it a step further and analyze large datasets interactively with BigQuery BI Engine, an in-memory analysis service.
Big benefits for marketing teams using BigQueryWith a powerful processing engine, BigQuery ensures marketing teams can quickly react to changes in the market and make informed business decisions based on the most current information. Other key benefits include:
- Data visualization dashboards allow marketing teams to easily view data and see the immediate impact of marketing campaigns or product launches. These can easily be created using Looker Studio
- Data visualizations can be shared with other stakeholders, helping to communicate industry insights, patterns or trends and the ROI of marketing efforts.
- Integration with Google’s machine learning platform ( tools like BigQuery ML, and Vertex AI ), makes it even easier to create more effective targeted marketing campaigns.
- Enhanced security with data encryption, access controls and audit logging protects valuable marketing data.
- Integrations with security and privacy services from Google Cloud ensures data is encrypted at rest and in transit—by default.
Why work with a partner?
Working with a partner like Pythian can ensure everything is set up correctly to achieve your data goals. For example, with Pythian’s Enterprise Data Platform (EDP) QuickStart for Google Cloud, we can integrate, clean and organize data into Google BigQuery and quickly make datasets available for analysis. That means your marketing teams can make better-informed decisions through real-time data analysis—and target the right customer at the right time. Also, your IT team might not have deep Google expertise—or expertise across multi-cloud environments—so working with a partner can extend their knowledge, ensuring they can support all teams across the organization. Pythian’s pool of top-tier talent draws from more than 140 Google certifications, and has decades of combined experience with Google BigQuery expertise.
Get in touch with a Pythian Google Cloud expert to see how our team can help.