Google Cloud SQL is a fully managed database service that makes it easy to set up, maintain, manage, and administer your relational MySQL databases in the cloud. Cloud SQL allows you to focus on your applications rather than administering your databases. Hosted on Google Cloud Platform, Cloud SQL provides a database infrastructure for applications running anywhere. Read our related blog post, Benchmarking Google Cloud SQL Instances.
Application clients can connect to the Cloud SQL instances using standard MySQL ODBC / JDBC drivers. The latest generation of Cloud SQL scales effortlessly and can be optimized for applications that have high data volumes and require high performance.
Benefits of Google Cloud SQL versus rolling your own database within a VM:
- High Availability: Automated recovery from failures
- Rapid and automatable provisioning of database instances
- Easy changing of VM tiers i.e. number of cores / RAM
- Ability to grow storage without restarting the database
- Patching and updates
- Automated backups with point in time recovery
- Integrated monitoring and alerts
- Infrastructure level security: Data encrypted at rest. Network level access control. SSAE 16, ISO 27001, PCI DSS v3.0, HIPAA compliant.
Realize the full potential of this powerful solution with Pythian, a preferred Google Cloud Platform Services Partner. Pythian provides expert support for your Google Cloud SQL implementation; helping you take full advantage of Cloud SQL features such as pay-per-use billing, painless data replication, vertical scaling (read and write), horizontal scaling (read) and more. For more information, check out our blog post Benchmarking Google Cloud SQL Instances.
Pythian cloud orchestration experts can help you maximize your success with Google Cloud SQL by:
- Creating new Google Cloud SQL instances
- Migrating existing MySQL instances to Google Cloud SQL
- Managing and supporting Google Cloud instances
- Supporting the development and management of applications hosted on Google App and compute engines that use Google
- Scaling MySQL in the cloud through Google Cloud SQL
- Supporting disaster recovery planning and implementation using Google Cloud SQL
Schedule an assessment with one of our cloud experts to learn more.