A desire for improved performance and reduced maintenance costs drives global footwear manufacturer to migrate to SAP HANA.
Consumer Goods & ServicesLocations:
Three years ago, one of the world’s leading footwear manufacturers determined the need for a more responsive, cost-effective, and flexible IT infrastructure. In just six months, Pythian met all project goals, including the migration of SAP Business Objects and SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) to SAP HANA and SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE).
It was time to move to SAP HANA.
The manufacturer would be one of the first enterprises to make this bold move. It meant:
- Ending their relationship with their third-party hosting provider
- Swapping their Oracle database for SAP product landscape (ECC, BW/BPC, BOBJ, and GRC) to SAP HANA/ASE
- Restarting their SAP maintenance contracts
- Reduced costs. The project eliminated all fees and contracts with the third-party data center and the Oracle database.
- Better reporting. The cloud-based business intelligence solution provides rapid reporting on 4TB of data for improved decision-making.
- Stronger SAP partnership. The company realigned with SAP and are well-positioned to utilize future enhancements.
Explore our Cloud Migration Services
No matter your business, no matter the challenge: Pythian’s solutions drive results.